26 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

So, it's the day before Thanksgiving, and I get to be in Arkansas this year with my parents and my son. Unfortunately, though, the one person I truly want to be here--my husband--is unable to be with us, because he is serving this WONDERFUL country in Iraq as a sixteen-year veteran of the United States Marine Corps. OOHRAH! This will be the first Thanksgiving since we've been together that we've been separated, so he will definitely be on my mind all day.

I always look forward to my mom's cooking for Thanksgiving. We'll have all the traditional favorites tomorrow--turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, hash brown casserole, and rolls. Desserts will consist of pumpkin squares, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and whatever kind of cake my Aunt Lou is bringing. I'll eat WAAAAAAAY too much, but I'll enjoy the leftovers as long as they last!

I hope you all enjoy a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day with your families!

No comments: