21 April 2011

New cards!

Happy Thursday!!!  My friend Heather is a Close to My Heart consultant and runs a workshop every month.  We use CTMH products to complete projects Heather has come up with for that month.  This month (April), we made a card box and four cards.  LOVE them all!!!  Here they are!



The box was made simply by using a piece of cardstock, scoring at certain intervals, then cutting the tabs.  We used pieces of CTMH paper and embellishments to decorate the box.  The green leaves are simply pieces of paper cut in leaf shapes, creased, then distressed using CTMH ink (Sorry, I don't remember the color!)  The flower is a ribbon embellishment.  I stamped the "moments to live for" sentiment all the way around the ribbon before tying it on the box.  Heather was even nice enough to give us the dimensions for everything so we can make more boxes! (Thanks, Heather!)


 The stamp on this card is one I had at home.  I had to add a sentiment so it would be eligible for the monthly card challenge in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin', which I'm a moderator for.  On this card, the easiest way to take care of the knots in the twine is to tie it BEFORE cutting it, then use a glue dot to affix it to the square.  For the twine on the button, I threaded it through the button and then tied the knot. 

The heart embellishment here is from the same ribbon as the flower on the card box.  It comes sort-of shaped like this already and is attached to netting.  I cut the flower off (to use on the box!) and then pinched the bottom of this piece together when attaching it to the card so it would form a heart.  I also used CTMH heart ink (Again, I don't remember the color!) to distress the edges of the yellow piece of background paper.


 I REALLY like the way this card turned out!  I used a large pop-dot to adhere the camera circle to the card, so it would be add a dimensional element to the card.  As you can see, I also distressed the edge of the card, too.  I LOVE these colors!!!


I like this card, too!  I added the sentiment after I got home, and I also stamped music notes on the inside of the card to add a little extra something.  Again, I distressed the edges of this card.  I'm really starting to like this distressing-thing!

I really enjoy Heather's workshops!  She usually has extra spots available, and she charges a small fee to cover the cost of some of the materials.  If you live in the Oceanside area and would like to go, please send me an e-mail at proudusmcwife@gmail.com, and I'll put you in touch with Heather.  I can't WAIT to see what she has in store for us next month!

1 comment:

Sue said...

The box is beautiful Ashley. The ribbon flower and the heart on the one card is awesome. The cards are wonderful, and so different. I bet those classes are really fun. It looks like you get a lot of out it. Great job.