07 May 2011

Mother's Day cards

Happy early Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!  I look forward to Mother's Day every year, because my husband and youngest son take me to Disneyland to celebrate--just one of the many advantages to living in southern California! 

I finally made an attempt at making photo cards for Mother's Day this year.  When I was going through some pictures in a picture box, I came across a VERY old photo of my mom holding me shortly after they picked me up (I was adopted).  I made a copy of it because I didn't want to ruin the original and came up with this for my mom's card:


This card was so simple and easy to make!  Once I trimmed the photo, I put it on the card base.  I measured where I wanted my ribbon holes and marked them with a pencil very lightly; then, I used my Big Bite to punch the holes.  I affixed the piece of vellum using vellum adhesive just across the top, then used my Big Bite again to punch holes in the vellum.  I put the piece of ribbon through, tied it, and added my stamped sentiment on the front.  Voila!  All done!  I hope my mom likes it as much as I do!

My second and third Mother's Day cards are just alike, except for the names on the front.  I made these two for my mom and MIL using a picture of Joseph (my youngest son):



I'm sure they're both going to love these!

The last card is one I made for my MIL:


I started with a card base and stamped several different flowers.  Using my markers, I colored each set of flowers a different color and then added a little bling for the centers.  The "grass" is a punched border I received from my friend Abby in a border punch swap we did in our Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin'.  After stamping the sentiment, I was done!

I hope you enjoy my cards, and I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!




1 comment:

Karen Wilson said...

these are all great cards, ashley! love the one photo card, it's beautiful. your son is adorable too!!

enjoy your day tmw!