21 June 2011

Lasting Memories weekly challenge--Inspirational Photo

Happy Father's Day!!!  I hope everyone takes the time today to think about their father and what they brought to your lives.  It's time for another weekly challenge over at Lasting Memories!  It felt good to get a layout done, as I just haven't had the scrapping mojo in a few weeks.  Maybe I'll be able to be crafty again!  This week, we have an inspirational photo for you:


Here's the layout I was able to come up with:


Everything I used on this layout came from the Sassafras Lass Amplify collection.  Since it's Father's Day, I wanted to use pictures on my layout of either my dad or my husband in a fatherly role.  When I came across these pictures, I thought they were perfect!  These were taken when we lived in Beaufort, South Carolina, probably the first summer we lived there, 2005.  Adrian was giving Kennedy his first cooking lesson.  As you can see by the pictures, Kennedy wasn't tall enough to reach the stove and had to stand on the step stool!  I think Kennedy was about five years old in this picture.

What inspiration does this photo give YOU?  We'd love to see what you've got this week!  Be sure to get your layout linked up to the website by Saturday evening, and check back to the Lasting Memories site on Sunday morning to see if your layout got chosen as one of the Top 3 and for our new challenge!  Good luck, and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is a great LO, well worth the wait!! Great pics!

If you have a minute, pop over and scroll down a couple posts on my blog - I made 4 cards using my new birthday stash from you!

sharon said...

I love the paper you used! It perfectly compliments your wonderful photos! :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is awesome! (I know how it is if you just don't feel like it!) That doesn't reflect in your LO at all!