19 July 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 25

One of my friends in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' turned me on to the current challenge at the My Mind's Eye blog.  After looking at the sketch and scrounging through my stash, I found one collection of My Mind's Eye products.  Here's the sketch they're asking us to work with:
Here's the layout I came up with:
All of the papers are from the My Mind's Eye State of the Heart collection:  Valentine Stripes, Love You Lots, and Love Meter.  The heart border, journaling tag, and heart with "Always Loved" tag are from the same collection.  The grungeboard letters are from Tim Holtz, and I used Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Fired Brick to set them off.

The theme of the layout was supposed to be "Celebration," and my husband coming home from a five-month deployment to Iraq was DEFINITELY a celebration!  He missed our son's birth by two weeks and one day, but he was able to come home safely to us.  What a great day that was!

1 comment:

Karen Wilson said...

Darn you! Ya brought tears to my eyes, this is a beautiful layout. So inspirational in so many ways. Thank you for sharing such a special moment with us. Great take on this weeks challenge ..