06 August 2011

Cakes and Cupcakes Birthday Cards @ Birthday Sundaes!

This week's challenge at Birthday Sundaes is to include cakes or cupcakes on your card.  I have a friend having a birthday VERY soon, so this is going out to her.  I hope she likes it!





I included views on two different backgrounds, because I couldn't decide which one looked better!  I used the cards and layers features on my Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge to cut the card and elements before adhering them together.  I added some ribbon I found in my stash to the "icing" between the layers, as well as some rhinestones from Queen & Co.  I ATTEMPTED to use some red embossing powder to put some swirls on the "cherry," but it didn't come out so well. :-(  The sentiment on the front is from a stamp set from The Rubber Cafe.

You should hop over to Birthday Sundaes and check them out, if you haven't already.  I'm going to be a guest designer over there in a few weeks!  WOOHOO!!!!  I'm REALLY excited about that!  I'll post more info on that later.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Be sure to check back here tomorrow for the new Lasting Memories challenge and information about the DT call!  Happy scrapping!

4 comments:

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This cake card is awesome Ashley! A big slice of cake, it can't get any better than that! Thanks for playing along and hopping with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

Kristie W. said...

Super sweet Ashley! Now I just need a tall piece of cake to munch on here, he he. Thank you for participating in Birthday Sundaes Cake & Cupcakes Blog Hop and Challenge!

Maribel said...

I know your friend is going to love this card! It is so adorable! I love the sparkle you added to the cherry! Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Maribel
ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

Sue said...

What a cute card Ashley. I think I have that cartridge. I'm going to have to look at that. Congratulations on being asked to be a guest designer. I was so excited when I saw your name on the list. I can't wait to see your card that week. So glad you played along with Birthday Sundaes.