24 August 2011

It's almost fall!!!

Is anyone else as ready for the fall season to get here as I am?!?  I KNOW everyone in the South is!  This year, I was REALLY glad to be living in sunny Southern California for the summer, since the South had that HORRID heat wave!  I AM looking forward to getting back to the South, though.  I've been away WAY too long, and I need the slower pace of life back.

Have you seen Bo Bunny's new Forever Fall line?  I absolutely LOOOOOVE the colors!!!!  I hadn't seen it until my friend Suzanne (Check out her blog at Scrap with Suzy!) put it on her scrapbook Wish List in our Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin'.  My LSS, Ever After Scrapbooks, recently got this in stock, so I stopped by and picked up the 6x6 pad and a couple of 12x12 sheets to go along with it.  I picked one of the first sheets in the pad to create this card:
The base of the card was green cardstock from my stash, which I folded to make a 6x6 card, then I adhered one of the 6x6 sheets from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall pack to the front.  I stamped the flower stem on the right using Close To My Heart's Garden Green ink, and the stem is from CTMH's From Me to You stamp set (got both of these from my CTMH consultant, Heather!), both of which came in CTMH's From Me to You card kit.  The flowers and brad were from my stash, and I added Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Scattered Straw to the yellow flower for a little bling.  The sentiment along the flower stem is from the We R Memory Keepers Banner stamp set, and the brown ribbon across the top is one I picked up at my LSS.  I finished off the card by distressing the edges with Color Box Cat's Eye ink in Chestnut Roan.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting!  Happy scrapping!

11 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Ashley... what a wonderful card! I love the fall colors! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

What a wonderful fall card, Ashley! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Anita said...

Beautiful autumn colors and your flower looks lovely. Thanks for joining the Pollycraft challenge.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Ashley.Beautiful paper and and awesome flower .All in my favourite Autumn hues . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
Shirley-Anne.
When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

Rene said...

Very very pretty! Love the colors!
Thank you for playing along with us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

Faye said...

I really like this card and the lovely rich feeling you have created with the autumn colours. Gorgeous flower too. Thanks for playing with us at Pollycraft this week. x

Faye said...

I really like this card and the lovely rich feeling you have created with the autumn colours. Gorgeous image too. Thanks for playing with us at Pollycraft this week. x

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Ashley and such a lovely flower
thanks for joining the PCI challenge this week
greetz
Miranda

Merry said...

Beautiful colours and clever way to add the flower. Spied you on Make it Monday.

Cazza said...

Such a pretty card, what a fabulous flower!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Bettina L. said...

This is a beautiful autumn card. Just love those colours. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina