02 January 2012

Word for 2012

Happy New Year, everyone!!!  I can't believe it's been so long since I made a blog post!  My apologies, as I didn't realize I'd been out of touch for so long.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that you're ready to start 2012 with a bang!

Before I get to my word for 2012, I have a couple of announcements to make.  As you may remember, my last project for NettieG's was in December.  I want to thank everyone at NettieG's Digital Gems for allowing me to be a part of their design team.  It was wonderful working with them!  Also, my time as a Design Team member at My Partner in Crafting Crime is over as well.  The owner of the challenge blog decided to close the challenge blog, but I want to thank her for giving me the chance to work with her images and get some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the DT there.  Thank you!

I had a little trouble deciding on a word for 2012.  I just couldn't come up with something, and the ones I DID come up with just didn't fit right.  As I started explaining it to my husband, he suggested the perfect word--TRANSITION.  This is PERFECT!  I have lots of TRANSITIONS coming this year as my husband retires from the Marine Corps.  We will TRANSITION out of military life and back to the civilian world.  We will TRANSITION back to Arkansas and closer to family.  I will TRANSITION to a new job.  I will TRANSITION my health.  I will TRANSITION back to making more layouts.  I could go on and on!

I think my first layout of the new year will be about TRANSITION.  The Yahoo group I'm a moderator of, Scrappin' 'n' Chattin', is having a 52 Week Challenge again this year, and I am determined to complete it this year!  My only fault in not completing LAST year's challenge was that I THOUGHT I'd uploaded my layout but hadn't. :-(  I was NOT a happy camper!!!  The premise of the challenge is simple--make one layout a week for the entire year. 

Be sure to come back later this week to check out my DT project for the Paper Cutz Challenge and an announcement about a BIG giveaway!  Happy New Year, everyone!!!

1 comment:

The Archiving Angel said...

Hello Ashley!
Wanted to stop by , follow your blog & let you know how much it means to me to have your blog support.
Congrats with all your crafty success.
Best wishes in the new year!
Sonia