20 April 2013

April Showers Bring May Flowers Blog Hop

Welcome to the "April Showers Bring May Flowers" Blog Hop!

We're so happy you could join us today!

You should have arrived from Angela.  If you happened by my blog or are joining me from your dashboard, head over to Miranda's blog blog to start at the beginning.  We don't want you to miss any of the fun!

We will be showcasing spring-like projects or projects with a rain or flower theme!  In addition to seeing a lot of awesome creations, there is some blog candy available, too.  Miranda will be giving away a gift card to either Michael's or JoAnn's (winner's choice).  To be eligible for the blog candy, you are required to visit each stop in the hop and leave a comment!  The winner will be announced Wednesday, April 24, on Miranda's blog!  Be sure to read all the way to the bottom of this post, as I may have some candy, too (HINT, HINT!)!



I initially made this card for a card challenge I was participating in and then realized it would work PERFECTLY for this blog hop!  I card-lifted from one I saw in a magazine, and I think this one turned out quite lovely.  I used a set of Sizzix dies in three different sizes and used pop dots to adhere them together for some extra dimension.  The Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder came in handy for use on the background and on the small blue piece on the front.  The ribbon and gem were both from my stash; the punches were ones I found in my punch drawer, but I couldn't find the names to them (I guess I need to use them more!).  I decided to add another image and sentiment on the inside, so I added the yellow cardstock and stamped in royal blue ink from Studio G.  The image and sentiments are all from the same set, boots4rain from The {Stamps} of Life.

I hope you're enjoying the hop so far!  To thank you for stopping by, I've got some blog candy to give away.  The winner will have her choice of either the boots4rain stamp set or umbrella4you stamp set from The {Stamps} of Life.  There are only a couple of things you need to do:  (1) become a follower if you're not already (if you are, just let me know), and (2) leave a comment telling me what your favorite part about spring is.  That's it!  I'll draw a winner on Tuesday, April 23 and will post the winner on my blog.  

Now you can hop on over to Lluvia.  Should you get lost along the way, here is the entire lineup:

Ashley <=== YOU ARE HERE!
Lluvia <===GO HERE NEXT!

Thanks for joining us!  Enjoy the rest of the hop!
P.S.  If you get the chance, check out my new food/photography/travel blog here.  It's a work in progress, but I hope it's going to be GREAT!

24 comments:

jennyplace2 said...

Such a pretty card, I love the colors and the wonderful sentiments you used. Already a follower my dear! Have a great weekend.

A Whittle Bit Crafty said...

I love the inside of this card, it's perfect!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Ashley, your card I so cute!

D- said...

Your card is very cute. TFS.
D-
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Love your card!! Great colors

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
http://whodatscrapper.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

very cute!

Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

K8 said...

Stunning card, so very lovely whit the dots and that bow!!

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful colors. I'm your newest follower. Happy to be on the hop with you.


Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Claire Spielman said...

I love the stamped sentiment...perfect one to remember! New to your blog but now following! My favorite part of Spring is "it's my birthday today" so this hop was great!
Super fun to be in the hop with you!!
Creative Wishes
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com
scrapmyway@gmail.com

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

What a perfect card for this blog hop! Great job!! FUN FUN!
Am yes I am enjoying this blog hop!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for a great blog hop. What a great card. The sentiment couldn't have ben any better!!
Charlotte

Kim said...

Great card.

Vicki said...

Beautiful card. I'm already a follower.

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Patti Ross said...

I am a new follower and I just love your projects! So cute! My favorite thing about spring is the awakening of the earth. The crocus's start to bloom, the grass starts to green and all around the baby animals are appearing. Renewal!

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very pretty!I'm already a follower...

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome color combo! Love the design and the inside is darling!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

marg0006 said...

Great color combo and like the pretty design embossing and borders.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Unknown said...

I love your cards! A new follower and my favorite part of spring is the huge vase of my favorite flowers- lilacs- that are only here for a couple of weeks but smell so glorious on my desk! They always signal spring to me!

Jean Bullock said...

Great job on the cards. My favorite is the first card. I followed you on GFC and by e-mail. I like the Umbrella set. And my favorite part of spring is that the weather is mild (here where I live.).

Sue D said...

Very cute card--I like the boot stamped on the inside.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Pam said...

Lovely card, I love the blue and the embossing!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Cute card! Love the sentiment and the cute little boot! Thanks so much for hopping with me. I apologize for the lateness of the bloggie love, life sometimes gets in the way of all my fun!
Miranda ;-)

Sameer said...

Very nice card!! And really good vibrant colors used. I generally buy flowers online and would love to buy this card if u intend to sell....