29 August 2013

Scrapping4fun Challenges--Challenge One--Color Combo & Recipe

Welcome to the FIRST challenge for Scrapping4fun Challenges!  The first challenge is a color combo and recipe:
The color combo for Challenge One is dark brown, blue, green, and white.  You should use all six colors in your layout, but any shade of these colors is fine.  Here's the recipe to go along with the color combo:  
                     1.  Flowers (store bought or handmade)
                     2.  Mist or ink
                     3.  Title
                     4.  Journaling
                     5.  Any pattern with an emboss folder
                     6.  12x12 layout (single or double)

Here's my layout for Challenge One:
The cardstock underneath my title, flower, & brad are all from my stash.  The background paper, striped strip, arrow sticker, and journal card are all from the Echo Park Boys Mini Theme collection.
 I chose the Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder to use underneath my title,
and the title stickers are Reminisce self-adhesive diecut stickers from The Freedom Collection (from a LOOOOOONG time ago!).  I inked the edges of the patterned paper underneath the photo with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.
 I found this sketch at Sketch N Stash:
I think the sketch was meant to be for a card, but it just seemed to work perfectly for what I wanted.  

You can find all the rules for the challenge at Scrapping4fun Challenges.  You have until Saturday, September 14, at 1:00 pm European time to get your creation linked up on the challenge blog.  If you're not sure about the time difference, there's a clock with European time in the upper left corner of the challenge blog.  I hope several of you will enter and get this new challenge blog going!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Happy scrapping, everyone!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Lovely layout, precious picture!
Hugs
Rachelle
http://all-my-craft-creations.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

fabby layout.
Many thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week
Doreen xx

Julie said...

Great pic and use of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this fortnight, good luck! Juliexx

Ruth G said...

I love your LO! Such a wonderful picture and moment to document! I love how you took all the requirements for this challenge and distilled them down into a neat, fabulous package! TFS!