30 June 2014

Purple!

One of the June Monthly Card Challenges at Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' this month was purple.  This was a little bit of a stretch for me, as I don't normally scrap cards with a lot of purple, but it all worked out.  We're allowed to do each card challenge twice, so these are the two cards I came up with for the Purple challenge:


I embossed the bottom 3/4 of the light purple cardstock with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder and adhered the ribbon from my stash across the upper edge of the embossing.  Luckily, I was able to find light and dark purple brads in my stash to go along with the light and dark purple flowers I found in my stash!  Adding a couple of purple rhinestones and a sentiment from Close To My Heart gave the card the finishing touches.

Challenges Entered:
Paper Crafting Journey--Last Challenge:  Flower Power
Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' June Monthly Card Challenge--Purple


After embossing the dark purple cardstock with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder, I also embossed the light purple cardstock with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  The image was a wood stamp I found in my stash, and I used a random purple ink on the image and also to ink the edges of the skunk's little tuft of fur in the center of his head.  The skunk is from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge and was one I received in a Cricut cut swap in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' that we did a while back.

Challenges Entered:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #183--Embossing:  Heat or dry
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #217--Anything Goes
Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' June Monthly Card Challenge--Purple

I hope everyone had a great Monday!  I'll be back with more creations tomorrow, so be sure to stop back by.  Have a great week!


4 comments:

KandA said...

Two gorgous cards. Love the flowery one with the fabulous embossing and colours. Thanks for joining our last challenge at PCJ xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the embossing on this card - makes it very elegant! Thanks so much for joining our last challenge at the paper Crafting Journey, Elizabeth (DT)

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute cards :) Love the purple :)

L.B. said...

The purple is fun and love the pattern on your cute squirrel. Thanks for sharing with FCCB