19 September 2014

Besties

As I was working on my layout for Week 37 in Scrappin' 'n' Chattin's 52 Week Layout Challenge, I realized there are only FIFTEEN WEEKS LEFT in this year.  OMG!!!  Where did this year go?!?  I was looking for a sketch and came across this one at Scrapping Everyday Miracles:


Here's my final creations:


This is my bestie, Betty, and me at the Army and Navy Academy graduation in 2012.  We taught English there together for just over three years but didn't really get close until the last semester and then after I moved away.  Sure wish we'd realized the value of each other's friendship before I moved!

There are so many elements on here I want to showcase, so I took a TON of close-ups!










Supplies Used
Bo Bunny Weekend Market--Antique, Combo Stickers, Cut Outs, Dot, Vintage Labels
Gelly Roll white pen
Me & My Big Ideas--Mambi Stones stickers
Queen & Co.--Sunflower Yellow rhinestones
Stickles--Champagne
Want 2 Scrap--Self adhesive bling
We R Memory Keepers--Crafter's Staples
ZIG Memory System Writer--Navy, Pure Brown

Challenges Entered
Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' 52 Week Layout Challenge--Week 37
Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' Monthly Layout Challenge--Anything Goes #1
Scrapping Everyday Miracles--Mini Crop Challenge #2 Sketch

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Happy scrapping!


8 comments:

DebR said...

Fantastic job on the layout! Love the gems, words, papers, etc. Great job.
Thanks for playing along with our Mini Crop at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Leslie Germain said...

Great take on the sketch! LOVE the colors!!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous take using the sketch.. and great accents on your page... thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Ruth G said...

Wonderful layout! I love these colors with your theme and the embellishments are great! TFS!

Unknown said...

Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... great take on the sketch challenge! Great color combo and love the photo :) Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles Mini Crop!

Unknown said...

awesome job with the sketch. What a sweet photo of you and your friend. Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Cara G said...

Love your fun take on our SEM Layout Sketch. So glad you joined in the fun during our Mini Crop this month Ashley!!