12 January 2015

Stick It Down Card Team January reveal

Happy Monday, everyone!  It's time for the Stick It Down Card Team reveal of this month's sketch!  Here's the card sketch for January:


I decided to get a jump on my Christmas cards for 2015, so I pulled out my Christmas washi tape and came up with this:




I just LOVE the Santa face washi tape!  I think it's one of my favorite Christmas patterns.  The green strip underneath the quote and the red gems came in a Christmas goodie package I purchased from my friend Sandi at Slightly Off Center when she purged her stash a few months ago.  (Thanks, Sandi!)  If you have a chance, stop by her blog, as she does some of the best staging EVER in her card and layout photos!!!  I'm going to try to do better at that this year, but Sandi's staging is some of the best I've ever seen.

The scalloped frame is from the Fancy Labels Sizzix dies from Stephanie Barnard, and I used my Cut 'n' Boss that I won at the Teresa Collins workshop last summer to cut it.  (Boy, do I LOVE that machine!!!)  The ink on the edges of the frame is Marcella by K evergreen dye ink, and I used the same ink to stamp my sentiment, which is from the Christmas Quotes set from Pink & Main.  I LOVE this sentiment set!!!  The "Ho Ho Ho!" ribbon was in my stash and was the perfect thing to add on top of the green paper.

Don't forget that we've changed things up at Stick It Down this year!  You've got the entire month to get your creation linked up to the Stick It Down blog.  We're all looking forward to seeing what you come up with!  Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrapping!


4 comments:

simplybren said...

This is a great card! Love everything about it. I agree that Santa washi tape is awesome. Love the dimension and texture you added to this. Yep getting a jump on next year is a good plan!

Lori said...

Such a cute card, Ashley! Love the Santa washi and I need that fancy label die!

Sandi said...

Awww....thank you Ashley for the sweet things you said about me. I love to stage my projects and I feel honored to have inspired you.

Your card in beautiful and I agree that Santa washi tape ROCKS!!



Ruth G said...

Wonderful card! I love how you repeated the washi tape and that it's all the same color - perfect! TFS!